Terms and Conditions
Maxwell Motors Limited makes every effort to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate and current. However, we give no warranty or undertaking as to the quality or freedom from error of the contents of this site. Access and use of this site is entirely at your own risk.
This website is in continuous development and we reserve the right to permanently or temporarily alter content without notice. All information is subject to change without notice.
All MPG and CO2 information displayed on vehicles was correct at time of manufacture. However, all vehicle specifications are subject to change at any time. Whilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy, please contact your local dealer for full specification information.
This website displays images of cars, interiors, parts and accessories. Unless otherwise stated, all models shown are for illustrative purposes only. All cars advertised are available at branches listed or from group stock.
Discount vouchers are subject to availability at participating branches.
OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO STATUS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS. MODELS SHOWN FOR ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY. FOR FINANCE A GUARANTOR MAY BE REQUIRED.
Registered Name:Maxwell Motors Ltd
Registered Number: SC257385 (Scotland)
Registered Address: 27-29 Shedden Park Road, Kelso, TD57AL
VAT Registration:300 4026 35
Our Trading address’s are; Windmill Way West, Ramparts Business Park, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD151TB & Sprouston Road, Maxwellheugh, Kelso, TD58BA
We are Regulated by Financial Conduct Authority, OFT Licence Number 631149
Hire Purchase (HP) is very similar to borrowing a sum of money from a bank and paying it back over a fixed period of time, with interest. Hire Purchase is a type of secured loan which are often preferred over alternative (unsecured) loans because they allow a greater borrowing limit. The term “secured loan” means exactly that, a loan that the lender can secure against an asset (in this case, the vehicle). HP gives you additional rights over those of a personal loan and is only available through dealers that have passed the stringent approval process of the finance companies.
Personal Contract Purchase
A Personal Contract Purchase (PCP) plan will enable you to purchase your next car with lower monthly repayments. The way this is achieved is by deferring an amount of the total cost of the vehicle to the end of the contract. This amount is known as the Guaranteed Future Value (GFV).
The Guaranteed Future Value plus your deposit is subtracted from the cash price of the vehicle and your monthly payments are based on the balance (plus interest on the balance and the GFV). By only repaying the difference between the cash price and the optional balloon payment you are only financing the depreciation of the car.
At the end of the contract you have four options:
- You can return the vehicle to the finance company. As long as you have not exceeded the agreed mileage, you will have nothing more to pay.
- If you want to keep the vehicle, you can simply pay off or refinance the outstanding balloon payment.
- You can come back to us and part exchange your vehicle for a new one. If the trade-in value is greater than the GFV, the difference can be used towards a deposit on the next agreement.
- You can sell the vehicle privately and keep any profit over and above the GFV. Why Apply Online?
- You are in no way obliged to buy the vehicle, but by applying you register an interest in the vehicle.
- You can submit your details at any time, our system is availiable 24hrs a day for your convenience.
- By arranging your finance in advance you can have the comfort of knowing your finances are in place.
- The whole process is confidential with no need to disclose personal details to our operatives.
- The service is provided on a secure server so your details are kept totally safe.
We are confident that our products are suited to a wide range of finance needs, but if you are not sure then the Finance & Leasing Association have produced an impartial guide to motor finance. Their simple guide to your finance options will explain how the different products work and their finance decider tool will help you choose which product is the most suited to your needs.